The symptoms of dry eye are very common in Hong Kong people, and the knowledge of dry eye is relatively poor. It is not clear that volatile dry eye is the most common type of dry eye, and only a few people choose to seek medical treatment.
Dry eye has a chance to damage the cornea and cause corneal ulcers, resulting in decreased vision. Once dry eye symptoms appear, they cannot be treated early, and even blindness may even occur in severe cases. Therefore, we must not underestimate the problem of dry eyes.
Check the following common symptoms of dry eye, and perform related examinations and treatments as soon as possible:
In addition to insufficient tear secretion due to old age, there may also be other external factors:
Dry can be divided into 2 categories: Aqueous-Deficient and Evaporative. However, the two types can also overlap or exist at the same time:
(1) + (2) Mixed
High Risk Group
Diagnosis MethodLIPI VIEW II
- Analyze the different stages of oil-deficient dry eye through infrared imaging technology
- Assess meibomian gland function and structure
- Knowing the causes of dry eye can help doctors choose the right treatment plan for the patient
Dry eye can be treated according to different severity. Patients with mild dry eye are recommended to receive medical treatment, while surgical treatment such as dry eye surgery is suitable for patients with severe dry eye.
*The relevant treatment plan will be diagnosed and provided by an ophthalmologist based on the eye conditions of different people.
Vectored Thermal Pulsation (VTP) Treatment
- Principle: Aiming at the cause of dry eye, dredge the glands to improve oil secretion
- Evaporative dry eye will generally improve after about 3 to 4 weeks
- Apply a maximum of 42.5 degrees of warmth directly on the meibomian glands
- It also cooperates with the patented three-stage peristaltic pressure mode
- Effectively remove solidified obstructions and dredge the meibomian glands
E-Eye IRPL (Intense Regulated Pulsed Light)
- Output energy based on the principle of light pulse to stimulate the lacrimal gland and restore normal function